by Songshu posted Jul 26, 2018
?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

ESCClose

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print

3 Generation Gingseng Chicken Jangin

Koreans prefer a steaming hot bowl of chicken and ginseng soup known as samgyetang to cool off. But why?

1.jpeg

The heat and suffocating humidity is upon us all and when in Korea, do as Koreans do.

"Fight fire with fire" is often the expression for beating the heat and Samgyetang is not only know for its health benefits but also because when it's too hot, we eat cold things, our stomachs do get cooler but the rest of our body remains piping hot. The only way to calm the heat wave is through beating it with heat itself. Distinguish the fire with fire? Sounds like a logic argument? Well, you better find out. 

2.jpeg

Samgyetang is the holy bowl of stamina and that makes it praise worthy,  Recently, I stumbled across a restaurant along Seocho-gu in Seoul. This rare find is called "3 Generation Gingseng Chicken Jangin" which literally speaks for itself. This restaurant has been around for 3 generations and the taste is beyond what I expected. I've had a few good samgyetang's here and there but holy smokes, this place is the bombdigaddity. I am definitelhy making my way back for a few more refills.

3.jpeg

This restaurant in terms of pricing is a bit more than the usual but the quality is really a rare find. The chicken is tender and the broth is extremely wholesome and delicious. I tried the mung bean version and it was creamy and just perfect. After a few days visiting the restaurant, I still reminiscent about the taste of the soup. That's how good it is! 

The location of the restaurant can be found outside Seoul National University of Education Station, Exit 14. Here is a screenshot to make it easier for you.

4.jpeg

After feasting on a whole chicken, we were given iced tea to replenish ourselves, which definitely adds a special touch to the visit. This restaurant is definitely worth the time and money.

5.jpeg